SCC Adoption Policies
and Adoption Application
We have many rescued cats and kittens in foster care and have received several inquiries and adoption applications. We are temporarily suspending applications. If you have already submitted an application, we will contact applicants in the order received when we have adoptable kittens available.
- Priority will be given to families interested in adopting two kittens.
- In most cases kittens must be adopted in pairs or to a home with a young cat or kitten.
- Some kittens should not be adopted into homes with small children due to lack of early socialization.
- Please ask us which kittens are suited for families with small children.
- Kittens must be kept indoors.
All of our cats and kittens are fostered in private homes. They are spayed or neutered, microchipped, current on FVRCP vaccination, received standard worming treatment and treated for fleas, earmites and other parasites as needed, they or their sibling or mother has tested negative for feline leukemia (FeLV) and feline aids (FIV).
Adoption includes microchip registration, a certificate for a free exam at participating King County veterinary clinics, a kitten book and a free bag of food.
Adoption price is $100 for one kitten/$195 for two, $60 for adults and kittens over 6 months old. This is just your initial investment. You should budget $300-$500 per year for veterinary care, plus food, litter, etc.
If you understand these policies please complete the Adoption Application. Thank you for your support of our efforts to save lives.